Friday, July 25, 2014

Last Day in Quito

July 7

Day 4

Above Quito



Monday was my last day in Quito. In the morning, I traveled to a place high above the city via a cable-car. Daniel's mom took me to the Teleferiqo. We boarded a lift and traveled to a spot 4,000+ meters above sea level. I was at a higher elevation there than I was back in Cusco. It was very windy and cold up there, but the view was pretty nice. It was a little overcast, but we could still see the northern, central, and southern parts of the city.


















Some job! Not for those with fear of heights.





Basilic del Voto Nacional





Inside the clock tower.


After seeing the city of Quito from above, we descended and met up with Carlos at his office. From there, we three traveled to the Basilica located in the Historic Center. When we arrived we purchased tickets to ascend one of the towers of the church.






Walking from tower to tower across a bridge
constructed on top of the Basilica.














After our visit, Daniel's parents made a stop by a place to buy some breads and pastries. Among the new breads I tried, was a quesadilla. Nothing like the quesadillas that I am accustomed to from the Mexican pantry, but this type of food was sweet and had a very different texture and pentagonal shape.










Before heading to the airport, I also had lunch at their house. I tried a new soup- plátano verde e yuca, green plantain and manioc. It was tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment