Saturday, June 28, 2014

Primer Día en Colombia

Bogotá 
25/06



After a 6 hour flight from São Paulo, I arrived in Bogotá, Colombia! My high school Spanish teacher (Mrs. Burlison) invited me to visit her and her family while she herself was visiting during her summer break. Thankfully, my boss back in Brazil allowed me to take a two-week vacation to travel and visit more countries in South America. I plan to visit two more countries before returning to Brazil to finish my internship :D

The first day in Bogotá, I met some of Mrs. Burlison's family. Her mom has a very nice apartment with ample space. They converted one of the rooms in to a guest room for me. It has a tv and a big, comfortable air mattress inside- bigger than my bed in Brazil! Ha.


I enjoyed a delicious lunch after arriving at the house. 


Later, we went by a money-exchange place and a bank so that I could convert and withdraw my money for Colombian pesos. I quickly noticed how thick and congested the traffic gets here. There are buses, taxis, motos, and bikes in the streets simultaneously. Another thing that struck me, was the amount of pollution all these cars, and especially trucks, emit in to the air. I do not like how the big puffs of black smoke billow out from the buses and trucks. If I can get on a tangent- we've got to address this problem in order to help preserve the environment and begin to lessen the affects of global warning. Unfortunately throughout Latin America, the situation is the same in the big ciities.


No comments:

Post a Comment