Saturday, June 28, 2014

4o Día en Colombia

28/06


In the morning I went to the central Market with Mrs. B's mom. There, she bought a variety of vegetables and fruits to carry to Linda's house (her daughter- Mrs. B's sister). Linda had invited us over to watch Colombia's match versus Uruguay later in the afternoon. 


In the market I saw a few foods I had never seen before. 


There was a vast variety of things.



Back at the house, I watched the first half of the Brazil versus Chile match, and what a way to start the knock-out phase... with a penalty shoot out! After Brazil squeaked by, I'm not so sure about their chances of making it to the final. Chile nearly had that one. But I know my Brazilian friends were happy and relieved.


We ate lunch at Linda's and watched the Colombia vs Uruguay match. 




Colombia played well! James Rodriguez had 2 goals. The first one was a beaut! A volley off of his chest that grazed the keeper's finger tips before deflecting down off of the crossbar behind the goal line. The second goal was also great, an excellent example of teamwork with nice passing. I wore my Colombian jersey and rooted for Colombia today.


No comments:

Post a Comment